Chicken is the supreme non-vegetarian food enjoyed by many people across the world. Each culture and country have a traditional way of preparing chicken with their kind of favorite spices and methods. India is a vibrant nation and I guess every state comes up with its unique chicken preparation. For example, Butter Chicken is Delhi’s favorite while Kosha Mangsho is Kolkata’s signature. Inspired by many chicken dishes, I never stop experimenting a bit in my kitchen. So, during the last get-together with close friends, I prepared this “Lemon Garlic Creamy Chicken” and the results were outstanding. This chicken dish is delicious, juicy, creamy, and full of flavors. I didn’t use any ginger for this preparation and the result is still amazing.
Take a look at the process of Lemon Garlic Creamy Chicken and enjoy with your pals.
Step 1: For Marinade:
Chicken: 1 Kg
Salt: 2 Tsp
Lemon: 3 if big and 4 if small
Black Pepper: 5 Tsp
Oregano: 3 Tsp
- Bring the chicken and wash it very well.
- Now, squeeze the lemons and keep it aside.
- Take a big bowl and place the washed chicken pieces followed by lemon juice. Massage the lemon juice nicely on the chicken pieces.
- Now sprinkle all the dry ingredients – salt, black pepper, & oregano.
- Spread them well and keep the chicken in refrigerator for minimum 30 minutes and maximum 2 hours.
Step 2: Fry The Chicken
Oil – 3-4 Tsp
Butter – 2 Tsp
Garlic – 10-12 Finely Chopped
- Take out the chicken from the refrigerator and allow it to stand the room temperature for like 20 minutes.
- Heat some oil and butter in the frying pan.
- Sprinkle some salt on it and some garlic.
- Fry the chicken in a batch of 4-5 pieces.
- Make sure that you put few finely chopped garlic cloves, every time you put the fresh batch of chicken to fry.
- The fried chicken should have a golden brown color and prick the chicken to check its softness. While frying the chicken, your chicken should be 80% cooked.
Tip To Remember: The basic reason for frying the chicken is to enhance the taste. Frying the chicken before preparing the gravy adds crunchiness to the chicken pieces, makes them softer, and easier to digest. So, never forget this step of frying chicken well before going for the gravy process.
Step 3: For Gravy
Onion – 3 to 4 large
Garlic – 30 cloves
Butter – 20 grams
Cooking Oil – 4-5 Tsp
Fennel Seeds – ½ Tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp
Salt – As Per Taste
Sugar – Just About a Pinch
Cumin Powder – 2 Tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp
Cashew Nuts – 10-12 Pieces
Milk – 3 Cups
Yoghurt – ½ Cup
Green Chilies – 5/6 Pieces
Black Pepper – 5-6 Tsp
Gravy Making Process:
- Make a paste of the cashew nuts with water and keep it aside.
- Take one onion and prepare a paste with the green chilies with a spoon of curd and 1 spoon of water in it.
- Longitudinally slice rest of the onions.
- Peel the garlic cloves and finely chop them.
- Whisk the ½ cup of curd very well so that there are no lumps at all.
- Take a clean wok or kadhai and put the oil followed by butter.
- Once the oil+butter heat up, add the fennel seeds followed by cumin seeds. Let them crackle and then put the sliced onions.
- Fry the onions for 3-4 minutes and then add the chopped garlic cloves and keep the flame on medium.’
- Keep on stirring every now and then for 5-6 minutes so that the onion and garlic don’t stick to the bottom.
- Take the cumin powder and coriander powder in a bowl and mix in 3-4 spoons of water or as much as required. Now pour this in the fried onion & garlic.
- Let the spice mix well with onion & garlic.
- Now add the onion paste and close the lid for 2 minutes.
- Once the onion paste has left the raw smell, add the whisked curd & cashew nut paste and stir very well so that everything mixes properly.
- Put the instructed amount of black pepper at this stage and let this mixture boil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now pour the milk and give a nice stir.
- See the consistency and you can add some water because once the whole mix cools down, it will thicken more.
- After adding the milk let the mix boil for 5 minutes and then add the fried chicken pieces in it.
- Pour some water and close the lid for 7 minutes so that the chicken pieces soak the amazing spices well.
Step 4: Garnishing & Presentation
Coriander Leaves – 3 Tsp Finely chopped
Cream – About 6-7 Tsp (for whole 1 Kg)
- Slit Green Chilies – 4 or 5 (or more depending on taste)
- Once the chicken is cooked, divide it in separate bowls depending on the number of people to be served.
- Now, garnish every chicken bowl well.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves and green chilies first followed by cream.
Enjoy this tasty chicken with paratha, roti, or any preparation of rice.