Summer season is here with its humidity and roaring temperature. The body feels weak and tired easily facing the scorching sun. Therefore, eating must be right during this season. Infusing the seasons’ special fruits in your everyday food chart is must because they will help you stay hydrated, fit, and energetic. Additionally, spending long hours in front of a gas or oven during summer season seems like a punishment. So, here are 2 salad and 2 smoothie recipes that you can make very easily using the summer special fruit mango. Mango comes with essential vitamins and nutrients that will provide you a disease-free heart, flawless skin and hair, strong bones, & great digestive system.
One cup of mango contains 100 calories, 0.5 gm fat, 1 gm protein, 25 gm carbohydrates, 100% of the daily requirement of Vitamin C, 35% of Vitamin A, and 8% of potassium.
So, enter your kitchen and quickly make these amazing mangolicious food items to stay fit and healthy this summer.
Refreshing Mango & Kiwi Salad
The best thing about this salad is that it is very easy to make. It will keep your mind refreshed and will also aid in your weight loss program. This salad is sweet, salty, and tangy and will be a great appetizer. You may also add it in your taco or spread over your toast and enjoy every bite of it. It has only 71 calories!
- Mango: 1 cup
- Kiwi: 1 cup
- Jalapeno: 1 small (if you don’t have, you may use green chilies or red pepper flakes)
- Red Onion: 1/3rd cup
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: 1/3rd cup
- Lemon Juice: ½ Tsp
- Black Salt/Table Salt: As per taste
How To Make Refreshing Mango & Kiwi Salad?
- Chop 1 or 2 mangoes in small cubes and measure 1 cup out of it. Follow the same for kiwi fruit.
- Now combine mangoes, kiwis, red onion, jalapeno, fresh coriander in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add lemon juice and salt and give a nice mix.
- You may now keep it in the refrigerator for some time so that the tangy, sweet, and spicy flavors mix into each other really well.
- Take it out from the refrigerator after two hours and enjoy your refreshing bowl of goodness!
Zesty Mango Salad
This mango salad is sweet, tangy, spicy, zesty, and full of nutritional values. This salad will keep you full for a long time and you will feel refreshed too.
- Butter Leaf Lettuce: 7 ounces (you can pick up any green vegetable of your choice like spinach or broccoli)
- Red Bell Pepper: 1
- Ripe Mangoes: 3
- Green and White Onion: ½ cup
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: 1/4th cup
- Jalapeno: 1 medium sized.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: 1/4th cup
- Red Pepper Flakes: ½ Tsp (in case you prefer more spice)
- Sesame Oil: 1 Tsp
- Soya Sauce: 1 Tsp
- Maple Syrup or Honey: 1 Tsp
- Fresh Lemon Juice: 1/4th cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar: 1 Tsp
- Garlic: 2 (finely chopped and pressed)
How To Make Zesty Mango Salad?
- Chop the green vegetable of your choice into bite-sized pieces.
- Now take the red bell pepper and make 1 inch long thin slices.
- Cut the ripe mangoes into small cubes.
- Slice the onions thinly and finely chop the coriander leaves.
- Finally, de-seed the jalapeno, remove the membrane and chop it finely.
- Now, pour the peanut dressing ingredients in a blender and blend very well.
- Chop the main salad ingredients and keep in a large bowl aside.
- When you are ready to eat, simply pour the dressing and enjoy a tangy, spicy, zesty, and summer special salad.
Easy Mango Smoothie
Made with season’s special and fresh mangoes, this smoothie is full of nutrition and is a perfect thing to have during your lunch or breakfast. One glass of mango smoothie has only 120 calories (may vary slightly) and it is a good source of Vitamin A & C.
Fresh Mangoes: 2
Milk: ½ cup
Yogurt: ½ cup
How To Make Easy Mango Smoothie?
- First of all chop the mangoes and banana well.
- Put all these ingredients in a blender and churn them well.
- Mangoes and bananas are naturally sweet and thus there is no need to add sugar externally. Still in case you feel like having more sweet, then, opt for honey or sugar (depending on your choice)
- Take a nice glass and pour the smoothie.
- You may keep it in the refrigerator for some time before serving.
Summer Fresh Mango & Watermelon Smoothie
Mango and watermelon both are summer special fruits. They prepare the body to face the heat outside. Combining both these fruits, you can make a yummy and refreshing smoothie to enjoy during your breakfast or lunch.
Watermelon: 5 cups
White Sugar: 1 Tsp
Ice Cubes: Optional
Water: ½ cup
How To Make Summer Special Mango & Watermelon Smoothie?
- Carefully cut the watermelon and dice it into small pieces.
- Remove the seeds carefully and measure 5 cups and keep aside.
- Cut the mango into small cubes and keep aside.
- Now take a blender and put the watermelon pieces, mangoes, and sugar and blend very well.
- Pour water and ice cubes and give a very nice blend.
- Now, simply pour them into glasses and serve.
Welcome summer season and stay fit with these amazing mango salad and smoothie recipes.