All our festive moments include great food and desserts. Food binds people, spreads happiness, and gives us memories to ponder forever. Diwali is our biggest festival and like all our festivals, sweets play a major role in this one too. As a gift for your loved ones or to treat the family and guests, there are various types of sweets. The days of old grannies are gone when all these sweets used to be prepared in the kitchen itself. Now mostly people order from the shops nearby or online to treat or greet people on festive moments.
Laddoos are the most special types of round sweets and there are various types of Laddoos. Coconut Laddoos are the Diwali favorites along with the Motichoor ones. Coconut is a tropical fruit that is crunchy and tasty. There are many benefits one can draw from coconuts because it is a powerhouse of antioxidants. It helps in raising the good cholesterols and also offers a good amount of potassium to the body. Coconut is known to boost immunity, cut down fat, control diabetes, increasing energy, improving bone and teeth health, and fighting the aging process.
Preparing coconut laddoos at home is very easy. Diwali comes once a year and thus you must do something different so that people remember your sweet dish. Here, I will let you know about two different, unique, and new type of coconut laddoos. Just follow the simple steps mentioned below:
Orange-Flavored Coconut Laddoo
Ghee – 20 ml
Chopped Almonds & Pistachios – 1 tsp each
Orange Juice – 400 ml
Sugar – 150 gms
Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
Grated Coconut – 160 gms
- Take a pan and heat 10 ml of ghee first and then add the chopped almonds and pistachios in it.
- Let them fry in the ghee for some time and keep stirring. Once they are fried well, keep them aside.
- Now take another clean pan and add the orange juice (there shouldn’t be any pulp in it remember that) and heat it for some time. Just before it starts to boil add the sugar (you may cut down 25-50 gms than the said amount).
- Now you have to stir it and bring it to a thick consistency (just like the normal sugar syrups have)
- Once you achieve the one string consistency of this sweet orange syrup, you have to add the cardamom powder and give another round of stir.
- Now add the grated coconut, fried nuts, and remaining 10 ml of ghee and mix them very well. This mix should be greasy a bit but not watery.
- Let the mixture cool completely for an hour. Keep it covered though.
- Now grease both your hands with ghee and take two full spoons of the coconut mix to give it a round shape.
- Follow the same step for the remaining coconut mixture and you are ready to serve.
The tanginess of orange here is sweetened by the sugar but still, the orange lovers would find the refreshing smell of their favorite fruit in it. It is a must-try this year to woo your guests in style.
Paan-Flavored Coconut Laddoos
Betel Leaves – 8
Condensed Milk – 380 gms
Green Organic Food Color – 2 drops
Ghee – 2 tsp
Grated Coconut – 200 gms
Gulkand or Rose Preserve – A Small Bowl
- Take the betel leaves and condensed milk along with food color in a mixer and a nice mix. The mixture should be smooth without any trace of leaves at all.
- The paan mix should not be too watery or too thick. You can adjust that consistency with a spoon of water if you need it.
- Keep the Paan mix aside and take a clean pan.
- Put the ghee in the pan and let it heat up for a minute and add the grated coconut and give a stir for just 10-20 seconds.
- Now add the paan mixture in it. Give a very nice stir so that coconut mixes with the paan mix properly.
- Let this coconut and paan mix cool completely like in the previous laddoo recipe.
- Now grease both your hands with ghee and take 2 spoons of paan mixed coconut and flatten it on your hand. Put 1/4th spoon of gulkand or rose preserve right at the center and cover it up from the sides. Give a round shape to it.
- Your Paan flavored Coconut Laddoo is ready to be served.
Isn’t it a unique recipe for the lovers of coconut as well as Paan? The refreshing paan, sweet gulkand, and crunchy coconut will create a beautiful sensation inside your mouth.