“Wine makes every meal and occasion, every table more elegant, and every day more civilized” – Andre Simon
What a beautiful quote was that! Wine makes you wiser wonderfully. There are major benefits of drinking wine. It contains antioxidants which help you retain a glowing skin and hair. Drinking wine increases bone density and boosts the immune system. It lowers the risk of heart diseases and cholesterol. So, if you are bored of just drinking wine (which can never be true), you can try this purely magical, mysterious, and miraculous White Wine Chicken.
Step 1 – The Marinade Process:
Chicken: 250 gms
Salt: 2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder: 5 tsp
Ginger Paste: 1.5 tsp
Thinly Sliced Onion: 2 Small
Finely Minced Garlic: 5-6 tsp
Chopped Green Chilies: 4
Chopped Coriander: 5 tsp
Melted Butter: 7 tsp
Mustard Oil: 2 tsp
White Wine: 6-7 tsp/30 ml
- Wash the chicken pieces nicely and pat the pieces dry.
- Now gather all these mentioned ingredients and start the marinade by putting the ingredients in order.
- Always put the salt first followed by black pepper powder, ginger paste, thinly sliced onion, finely minced garlic, green chilies, coriander leaves, melted butter, and mustard oil.
- Use your hands to give a really nice mix.
- Finally spread the white wine over this chicken. Give another hand mix very well and refrigerate it.
P.S. – For best results, the chicken should be marinated for 6-8 hours. But if you are in a hurry, you can marinade it for 1-2 hours.
Step 2 – The Paste and Mixes:
- Boil a handful or 20-25 pieces of Cashew Nuts in water nicely so that it turns soft.
- Now make a smooth paste of cashew nuts to be used in this amazing chicken recipe later.
Step 3 – The Frying and Cooking Process:
This step would start once your chicken is thoroughly marinated (for the time mentioned above)
Refined Oil (for frying chicken) – approximate amount
Refined Oil/Butter (for frying other ingredients) – 5 tsp
Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1.5 tsp
Fennel Seeds (Saunf) – ½ tsp
Green Cardamom (Hari Elaichi) – 4-5 pieces
Bay Leaves (Tej Patta) – 2 pieces
Thinly Sliced Onion – 5 pieces
Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Sliced Tomato – 1 Medium
White Wine – 4 tsp
Full Cream Milk – 1-2 cups
Green Chilies – 4-5
Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp
Oregano – 1 tsp
- Now you have to take out the chicken from the refrigerator and bring it to normal room temperature before proceeding with the final leg of the wine chicken.
- Put some approximate amount of oil in a wok or frying pan. Pull only the chicken out one at a time from the marinade mix and fry them well until golden brown.
- Now take another wok and put that 5 tsp of refined oil or butter.
- Drop the Cumin seeds, Fennel Seeds, Bay Leaves, and Green Cardamom and let the aroma fill in your kitchen.
- Its time now to put in the thinly sliced onion with garlic paste. Fry it until golden and then put in thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Let the tomatoes soften a bit and then put the fried chicken in the wok. Keep stirring for at least 5-7 minutes so that nothing sticks at the bottom and every bit of chicken receives the spices.
- Remember that the marinade mix had onion, garlic, coriander, and green chilies. Now put that mix in this wok of chicken. Give a nice stir and let it cook undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- The cashew nut paste along with 1 cup of full cream milk has to be spread now. Give a stir and put 3-4 tsp of white wine more. Keep mixing and stirring meanwhile.
- Stir well so that there are no lumps of cashew nut paste.
- Check the consistency of gravy and as you have put some more white wine, put the lid and let it cook for at least 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and check the consistency again. The consistency can be adjusted with some more milk or warm water.
- The mesmerizing aroma of white wine chicken can now be felt more. Sprinkle a tablespoon of white sugar, slit green chilies, coriander leaves, and oregano.
- Serve it hot or mildly hot with Steamed Rice or Chapati or Paratha.