Oats are one of the healthiest food items. It is a good source of antioxidants and soluble fiber. They can lower cholesterol and improve blood sugar. Also, they are good when you are planning to lose weight. They are not at all boring. You just need to know how to make it yummy.
So, here are 3 very easy, simple, healthy, yet tasty recipes that you can make at home with oats. Have it yourself, serve the kids, and treat others with them.
- Include all your favorite vegetables like beans (5-6), carrots (1 small), broccoli (just a few florets), onion (1 small), garlic (5 cloves), capsicum (half), cabbage (just a few shreds), etc.
- Wash them thoroughly and chop them well.
- For onions opt for thin longitudinal slices and for garlic go for minute chopping.
- For carrots, capsicum, and cabbage, opt for thin slices while for broccoli, the medium size would be enough.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of oil, put some cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Once they crackle, add the veggies and fry for some 2-3 minutes.
- Add some spices – red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, and turmeric. Stir for another 3 minutes.
- Wash the lentils (prefer a mix of moong and masoor daal 1 cup).
- Put the veggies and washed lentils in a pressure cooker. After 4 whistles add the oats (half cup) and boil it for 2 minutes.
- Add a dash of butter, sprinkle some coriander leaves, and chaat masala to enjoy this meal.
- Take capsicum (half), carrots (half of a small one), and onion (1 small). Chop them into small pieces.
- Add a spoon of butter and fry these veggies. Add salt and green chilies.
- Now add some water once the veggies are soft and then add oats (4 tablespoons).
- Let this mixture boil and bring it to a medium-thick consistency.
- Toast two pieces of bread.
- Apply some mayonnaise on both the slices of bread and put oats mix over the bread.
- Press gently and cut into halves.
- Your wonderful breakfast or lunch is ready.
- Take half a cup of oats and 1 cup of wheat or all-purpose flour. Add salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Chop 1 small onion, 2-3 cloves of garlic, and coriander leaves and put them in the oats and flour mix.
- To that mix add 1 spoon of cumin powder, a pinch of asafetida, and red chili powder (as per taste).
- Add water to make a medium-thick consistency mix.
- Now heat up a pan or tawa and brush some oil.
- Take a ladle and pour one scoop on the pan or tawa. Spread it well as you do for dosa.
- Add some more oil along the edges and cover it for a minute. Flip it and cook the other side in the same way.
- Make it crisp and serve with a dash of butter. Also, make a mint or red chili chutney to savor this healthy and tasty paratha.