Chicken is definitely a winter or monsoon time delicacy. But believe me, there is actually no season for hardcore chicken lovers (like me). The rising temperature during summer season doesn’t actually leave with an appetite to enjoy spicy food. During the summer season, it is actually suggested to consume less spicy food because light food is easy to digest and helps in staying fit. So, to give the chicken a summer special touch, here is my special lemon pepper chicken. Lemon makes the chicken tender and adds a nice smell. Pepper is any day a better option than red chili powder. It provides a healthy heart, promotes a good digestive tract, and mitigates migraine.
Believe me, chicken also loves these two items and you will know that when you will have a piece of this chicken in your mouth.
What All You Need?
- Chicken: 500 gms
- Garlic (peeled and finely chopped): 25-30 cloves
- Onion Paste: 5 tsp
- Lemon Juice: 6-7 tsp
- Cumin Seeds: 2 tsp
- Salt: As per taste. But during marinade use 2 tsp
- Black Pepper (Crushed): 7 tsp (you may reduce it in case you need it less spicy)
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped): 2 tsp
- Butter: 4 tsp
- Youghurt: ½ cup
- Milk: ½ cup
- Hot water: As required.
How To Marinade?
- To marinade firstly, clean the chicken pieces well and pat them dry.
- Make some cuts on the chicken so that the pieces soak spices during marination.
- Now in a large mixing bowl mix 2 tsp of butter, 4 tsp of black pepper powder, 2 tsp of salt, 5 tsp of onion paste, 6 tsp of lemon juice, and half the peeled and chopped garlic. Make sure each and every ingredient should mix very well.
- Now put the chicken pieces in this aromatic mix and coat the chicken nicely.
- Keep this large bowl covered inside your refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 4 hours.
Tip: The more your marinade this chicken recipe, the softer, juicier, and tastier your chicken would be.
How To Cook Lemon Pepper Chicken?
- First of all, take out the chicken from the refrigerator and keep it in room temperature for a while.
- Now, take a clean wok and put the remaining 2 tsp of butter in it.
- Put 2 tsp of cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Now put the rest half of the peeled and chopped garlic and stir well.
- Whisk the yoghurt and milk well in the meantime.
- Once the garlic turns golden brown, put the pieces of chicken. Take care of the excess juices (they should not drop in your wok)
- Stir the chicken for 5 minutes. Put the lid on and let it cook itself for another 5 minutes.
- Now take the yoghurt and milk mix and pour it.
- Meanwhile, keep the hot water ready too.
- Let the yoghurt and milk mix in the chicken very well. Put the lip on and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and pour the remaining 3 tsp of black pepper powder and coriander leaves.
- Give a nice mix and pour some hot water as per your requirement.
- Check the salt and cover with the lid and let the whole chicken mix for another 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, taste it once.
- You may now garnish with a dash of cream and another spoon or two of lemon juice.
Serve with cumin rice or roti or paratha and don’t forget to let me know if you liked this recipe or not!