As the temperature drops, people start looking out for ways to keep themselves warm. Woolen clothes, fireplaces, and hot cups of coffee are the famous drills to warm up the chill in your bones. But the fancy way people embrace to stay warm in winter is to drink. Can you blame them? After all, it is not just our bodies that alcohol helps to keep warm. It also keeps up our spirits to have fun in those freezing winter days. So, why not make those winter cocktails a little more delicious with some experiments.
Here are some cocktail recipes that can be easily made at home to warm up your winter adventures.
New York Sour
It is a normal whiskey sour with red wine floating on top of it.
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 60 ml bourbon
- 20 ml simple syrup
- 20 ml red wine
- Add bourbon, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a shaker and fill it with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a rock glass filled with ice.
- Now carefully pour the wine over the back of a spoon so that it floats on the top of the drink.
Aged Rum Daiquiri
A subtle blend of rum’s sweetness with sugar and lime juice. All the three ingredients need to be in a perfect amount as overdo of any one of them can ruin the flavor of the cocktail.
- 60 ml light rum
- 20 ml lime juice
- 20 ml demerara sugar syrup
- Add all the ingredients into a shaker. Pour some ice and shake well until it is chilled.
- Now strain it into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lime twist for the amazing flavor.
Honey Sage Gin Fizz
It is a simple gin fizz with honey sage infused syrup and a touch of lime.
- 90 ml gin
- 30 ml honey sage syrup
- 45 ml lime juice
- 15 ltr soda
- Soaked green sage leaves
For honey sage syrup:
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 5-6 fresh sage leaves
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and a few sage leaves.
- Now add gin, lime juice, and honey sage syrup and stir it well.
- Add club soda to the mixture and stir it again.
- In the end, garnish with sage leaves and serve it in a long glass.
It is a delicious chilled drink made with one part cranberry juice and two-part champagne.
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 bottle champagne
- 1 cup sweetened cranberry juice
- 10-12 fresh cranberries
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnishing
- Fill champagne flutes 1/3rd with cranberry juice.
- Add lime juice and sugar to it.
- Fill remaining of the glass with champagne.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs.
Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria
The amazing blend of white wine, apple cider, and sweet sliced apples are perfect to serve your guests on Christmas and house gatherings.
- 1 lemon wedge
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar
- 1 bottle of chilled white wine
- 1 bottle of chilled sparkling cider
- 1/3 cup fireball
- 2 thinly sliced apples
- Cinnamon sticks
- Fill all the glasses with the lemon wedge and dip in cinnamon sugar.
- Then combine cider, wine, and firewall in a large pitcher.
- Add sliced apples to the pitcher and stir to combine.
- Pour the drink in the prepared glasses. Garnish each glass with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
So what are you waiting for? Warm yourself up with these amazing winter cocktails on a casual Thursday night or on a fun-filled Friday night party.